1. I have played the piano since I was 3 and at one point wanted to attend the Curtis Institute of Music to become a professional pianist.
2. I worked as a lifeguard for 4 summers and had more than 30 saves.
3. I’m a huge Pittsburgh Steelers fan. My dad played football and taught me to appreciate the game.
4. I worked for a summer as a waitress and was the worst waitress ever! (Wait there’s a difference between brown and orange rims on coffee pots? You mean I have to remember which salad had ranch and which had blue cheese dressing?)
5. I’ve been shooting since I was 7 and picked up archery when I was 12. (I stick to the range though, just targets for me please.)
6. I’ve gone to Steelers’ training camp since I was 5 years old. (Remember #3?)
7. I don’t work on March 13 or September 16. No matter what, my kids get 1-on-1 time with me on their birthday.
8. I learned how to snowboard when I was 30 and love going out on the slopes with my family.
9. I first learned calligraphy in 5th grade and really appreciate fine writing instruments and beautiful stationary.
10. I walked on to my college swimming and diving team as a freshman diver with no experience and became captain my junior year.
11. I love the performing arts and have appeared on stage as a dancer and in numerous plays and musicals. I still take ballet today.
12. In addition to playing the piano, I can also play the flute, xylophone, and French Horn. I still hope to learn guitar and cello.
13. I’ve successfully fought two rounds with melanoma. A good friend of mine lost her battle, so I fight for both of us.
14. I LOVE to read and have more books than my husband would prefer I have. 😉 Mostly, I read non-fiction and the classics. (Yes, I do have a Kindle, but I love the feel or a real book in my hands.)
15. I like to collect inspiring quotes. I’m actually a bit of a quotes junkie! My favorites are going on different walls in my home. (Fortunately, my husband likes this idea too.)
16. Much of my life I’ve struggled with body image (and even bulimia during college) and am committed to being a healthy example to my kids – especially my daughter.
17. I love to run, it’s the only time I can get my brain to turn off. I don’t run fast, mind you, I just run. 😉
18. I knit and have even created my own designs. Can’t crochet though!
19. Thanks to my dad, I know how to gut a room down to the studs, rewire it, hang and finish drywall, lay tile, and do finish trim. He also taught me how to dry and seal a foundation, install French drains, backfill properly, and build retaining walls.
20. I’ve had my picture appear in Fortune
magazine. Yep, that’s me sporting the flannel!